Excellent starting positions for the
Alex Stehlig, Programme Manager Sepang: “This qualifying ran perfectly for us. Just like in Macau, this is the first time for us on this racetrack with the 911 GT3 R as well as with the team. To post pole position and P3 at the first attempt – well, you can’t wish for more than that. But this twelve-hour race throws many challenges at us, especially the extreme heat. It won’t be easy, but today we’ve achieved the best foundation for a successful race.”
Frédéric Makowiecki (911 GT3 R #912): “We worked very well in the 911 GT3 R in free practice and saw constant improvements from session to session. This pole is the result. The team truly deserved it. I’m pleased with this great starting position for our last race of the season. The race will demand a lot from us, but we’re well prepared.”
Earl Bamber (911 GT3 R #911): “This was a very good qualifying for
Result “Pole Shoot Out” Qualifying
1. Lietz/Christensen/Makowiecki (A/DK/F),
2. Parente/Ledogar/van Gisbergen (P/F/NZ), McLaren, + 0.130 seconds
3. Pilet/Tandy/Bamber (F/GB/NZ),
4. Van Dam/Bhakdi/Sathienthirakul (NL/THA/THA), Ferrari 488, + 0,482
5. Orido/Hiramine/Zaugg (J/J/SA), Lamborghini, + 0,630
6. Haase/Vanthoor/Frijns (D/B/NL), Audi R8, 0,802
© 2017 Dr. Ing. h.c. F.
* The data presented here was recorded using the Euro 6 test procedure (715/2007/EC, 692/2008/EC, 566/2011/EC and ECE-R 101) and the NEDC (New European Driving Cycle). The respective figures were not recorded on individual vehicles and do not constitute part of the offer. This data is provided solely for the purpose of comparison between the respective models. Fuel consumption was recorded on vehicles with standard specification. Optional equipment may affect fuel consumption and vehicle performance. Fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are not only determined by a vehicle’s fuel efficiency, but also by the driving style and other factors irrespective of vehicle specification.